Monday, May 17, 2010

Chasing Cutiepies

So, I'm going to try to share a bit more about my process and experiences here, instead of just posting the photos. This is a sort of diary for me. This way, I can go back and review the things I've learned and what I'd like to try again.

For this shoot, Grammie and I decided to meet at a local park. My philosophy was this: Let them run around and play and I'll follow them and snap pictures. Then when they've "shaken their sillies out" we'll get some of them together that are more posed. This was okay, but i think next time I work with smallish children I will use the fact that they don't know me well, and are afraid not do do what I say to my advantage and pose them first. I don't like a lot of set up photographs of children, but it's nice to get a few! Especially if you're going to be spending the rest of the time just running and playing and getting mostly shots of the back of a two year old's head! Lesson learned!

Here's Ben and Aubrey. Ummm, yeah. They're freaking adorable.


He sooooooo wanted to jump right in!

 Natural Beauty...


 I trapped him in a swing. Not really, this just happened to be where he was, but don't think I wont use this idea in the future!


 So sweet.

Catch me if you can lady!





I just love this one.

Thanks to (Grammie) Katrina and Mom and Dad of these two babies. It was a pleasure!

No comments: